Hockey: Bury Ladies II 2, Dereham 5
Bury St Edmunds ladies II's home game against Dereham was a game of two halves. The first was closely fought, with Dereham taking the lead twice and Bury fighting back to go into half-time level.
Bury Ladies II 2, Dereham 5
Bury St Edmunds ladies II's home game against Dereham was a game of two halves.
The first was closely fought, with Dereham taking the lead twice and Bury fighting back to go into half-time level. There was also some excellent defending from Bury's goalkeeper Francis Wildmun.
The first Bury goal was scored by Sharon Waldron after some good interplay from the forwards and the second was scored by Rachel Notley off a short corner.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started the same as the first, a little fast and furious, but unfortunately a few decisions did not go our way and Dereham capitalised, eventually winning 5-2. Superb hockey was played by all with Nicky Champley being awarded player-of-the-match.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed