Holland gets supporters' vote
MATT Holland has been voted the supporters' choice as Ipswich Town player of the year, writes Derek Davis.The Blues captain, who has excelled as a centre-back and in midfield for Ipswich this season, captured 40% of the vote for his consistent and inspirational leadership.
MATT Holland has been voted the supporters' choice as Ipswich Town player of the year, writes Derek Davis.
The Blues captain, who has excelled as a centre-back and in midfield for Ipswich this season, captured 40% of the vote for his consistent and inspirational leadership.
Holland will receive his award at a pitch presentation at 2.35pm before the Wimbledon game tomorrow. He will be unable to make the presentation evening at the Galleria on Sunday evening as he will be joining up with the Republic of Ireland squad for their friendly against Norway.
Ipswich Town Supporters Club chairman Ian Pennock last night said: "Matt has been fantastic for us again this season.
You may also want to watch:
"He has played in virtually every position and is a very popular choice."
Thomas Gaardsoe was runner-up after blooming under Joe Royle's management. The popular Dane said: "To be in the top group of three is really something for me to be proud of given the other players who were voted for. I have played a few bad games but I feel I have played more good ones and I have been able to score a few goals so overall I have been very pleased. The fans have been magnificent for the whole team and for me and I really thank them."
- 1 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 2 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 10 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
Matt Richards, James Pullen and Darren Ambrose will each receive a newly-presented debut-makers trophy; only those who have started a game will be eligible.
The Dale Roberts Young Player of the Year will be chosen by the Academy coaches and it is hoped Dale's widow Cheryl will present the award on Sunday evening.