Home point for U's
Colchester 0 Burnley 0COLCHESTER United's finishing let them down as they were held to a goalless draw by struggling Burnley at Layer Road this afternoon.
By Carl Marston
Colchester 0 Burnley 0
COLCHESTER United's finishing let them down as they were held to a goalless draw by struggling Burnley at Layer Road this afternoon.
The Clarets have now failed to win in 15 games, but they will be grateful for the point and so avoid being doubled by Geraint Williams' men.
You may also want to watch:
The U's were off target with nearly all of their efforts, giving visiting keeper Danny Coyne a relatively easy afternoon. However, Coyne should have been beaten on 83 minutes when Richard Garcia headed over from point blank range.
Ironically, Dean Gerken produced the save of the match when holding onto Ade Akinbiyi's goalbound drive.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 4 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 9 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 10 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
The statistics told a story. Colchester had 14 goal attempts, but only a couple of these were on target. Still, they now have 52 points for the season, with 11 games still remaining. Their next fixture is at promotion-chasing Derby County on Friday night.