Home ties for Hadleigh and Brantham in FA Vase while Brightlingsea are away at 2012 winners Dunston
Suffolk duo Hadleigh United and Brantham Athletic have been handed home draws in the Fifth Round Proper of the FA Vase while Brightlingsea Regent will travel to 2012 winners of the competition, Dunston UTS.
Hadleigh, who received a bye into the last 16 of the competition following a brawl involving potential opponents AFC Bitton and Moneyfields, will host a Wisbech Town side who transferred away from the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division at the end of last campaign.
Wisbech, who now ply their trade in the United Counties League, will pose a tough test for Stuart Crawford’s side, especially considering the Fenmen finished as runners-up of the Thurlow Nunn last season.
Brantham Athletic will also enjoy home comforts against Leicestershire-based St Andrews FC if they can overcome high-flying Sussex opponents East Preston on Saturday (January 25).
The Imps saw their proposed last 32 fixture at East Preston postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Brightlingsea Regent, who progressed into the last 16 of the FA Vase for the first time in their history by beating Bodmin Town 3-1 on Saturday, have been handed a extremely difficult tie as they travel to northern outfit Dunston UTS, who won the Vase in 2012.
All last 16 ties are set to be played on the weekend of February 15.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
More reaction to follow...