Hot Rods, Bangers, Rookie Rods and Easter eggs at Foxhall Stadium, Ipswich on Bank Holiday Monday
- Credit: Archant
There will be plenty of Bank Holiday Monday motorsport action at Foxhall Stadium over the Easter weekend.
As is traditional, the National Hot Rods are in town to contest Round 11 of their NHR English World Qualifying Series, joined by Bangers and Rookie Rods which makes for a very appealing fixture.
The National Hot Rods will be fresh from a Northampton Qualifier on Good Friday.
It’s a ‘double-whammy’ round for the drivers and teams, for not only is it a point-scoring opportunity, but it is also a chance for some much-needed track time at Foxhall Stadium, in their build up to the big one – the 2017 Championship of the World, at Spedeweekend on the weekend of July 2 and 3.
Currently, Chris Haird leads the series, from Jason Kew, Dick Hillard and Kym Weaver, so it will be all to race for on the vast Foxhall Raceway and the action is expected to come apace with all the drivers going for it.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the Bangers are contesting Round 2 of their Ipswich Track Championship Series, which this year is sponsored by Whip St Motors.
Round 1 was staged a fortnight ago and saw a superb turn out of cars and some incredible action.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
So, it is fair to say it is expected this encounter to be another lively affair!
The Rookie Rods were also in action a fortnight ago, where a superb grid of cars which made for some highly-entertaining and dramatic racing.
We’ve seen some terrific racing from this class over the winter season and Foxhall always give them the opportunity to really stretch their legs.
Racing starts at 2pm on Bank Holiday Monday and turnstiles open at 12.30pm.
Fun-loving mascot ‘Timmy the Tyre’ will be in attendance to entertain the children, young and old!
So, fans can expect some fun and games on track between races too – plus as it’s Easter, there will be a traditional Easter Treat for all the children too!
Don’t forget, those wishing to become a Mascot for this meeting as an Easter Treat, can contact our Ipswich Office on 01473 612423 as soon as possible, if you would like to take advantage of this unique experience and confirm your opportunity!