“I can’t defend anything that happened out there tonight” – Colchester United boss Tony Humes
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United boss Tony Humes was pulling no punches after his side’s dismal 6-0 defeat at Chesterfield tonight.
The U’s conceded three goals in each half, to finish a well-beaten side, and so remain second-from-bottom, three points adrift of safety with just four games left.
“It was a disastrous night, I can’t say any different,” admitted Humes.
“I must pay massive credit to Chesterfield. They were absolutely outstanding, and you hold your hands up.
“That’s what the game is all about, and we were nowhere near – we were absolutely nowhere near.
You may also want to watch:
“We were left chasing shadows. We knew they were a good team and would come at us, and it’s up to the players to deal with that.
“I can’t defend anything that happened out there tonight,” added Humes.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans