‘I can’t wait to crack on!’ – so says Sam Walker on signing permanent deal with Colchester United
- Credit: Archant
Sam Walker has signed a permanent contract, which will keep him at Colchester United for the next 18 months.
Walker has put pen to paper after his current loan deal from Chelsea expired, following Saturday’s 4-2 win at Carlisle.
The 22-year-old has impressed during his two long loan stays with the U’s. He played the second half of last season for Joe Dunne’s men, and has also played 26 games this term.
Walker himself said tonight: “Firstly I look back on my time with Chelsea with great pride, and have made many lifelong memories.
“I wish everyone at the club (Chelsea) the very best for the future.
You may also want to watch:
“But now I’m so excited for the next chapter, to kick on with what is a super club with fantastic fans.
“I can’t wait to crack on!” added Walker.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Manager Dunne said: “Sam is another young and hungry footballer who has decided to come here and play, which is great testament to what we are doing here at Colchester United.
“He has done fantastically well for us over the past year, but he is still improving and will get even better in the right environment for development.
“He will certainly have that here, and he has a great support network, with goalkeeper coach George Bankole and the other keepers he works with every day.”