‘I didn’t think 10 or 11 left-backs existed!’ – Colchester United boss Joe Dunne
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne is NOT on the look-out for a new left-back, following loane Luke Garbutt’s return to Everton earlier this week.
In fact, the U’s manager is not expecting any movement in the transfer market before the window closes later today.
“We’ve got Ryan Dickson, so I’m not looking for a replacement,” revealed Dunne.
“I’ve had plenty of phone calls, from plenty of people, noticing that Luke (Garbutt) has gone back.
“I’ve had maybe 10 or 11 left-backs thrown at me!
You may also want to watch:
“In fact, I didn’t think 10 or 11 left-backs existed!
“It (Garbutt’s return to Everton) just generates interest, but I’m comfortable with my squad.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
“In terms of additions, we are ready if any of our hit-list players become available. We will act, although finances will play a part in that.
“But it should generally be a peaceful transfer deadline day,” added Dunne.