“I see this move as a great challenge for myself” – Colchester United’s new recruit, Dean Brill
- Credit: PA
Colchester United’s new signing, keeper Dean Brill, has not just come to the Essex club to warm the bench.
“I know Sam (Walker) has been doing well, and I think he was at Barnet (2011) the year before me. He’s come from the Chelsea Academy, which is a great background.
“But I see this move as a great challenge for myself.
“I moved up to Scotland to join Inverness, just two weeks after getting married! We loved it up there, and my little girl (Rosie) was born up there 18 months ago.
“But I’ve now returned down south to put down my roots, and everything about Colchester seems very positive.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been frustrating this season, not being able to get into the Motherwell team. I had enjoyed a lot of success at Inverness, especially in my first season when I created all sorts of records, including keeping 27 clean-sheets, but I then got injured in my second season,” added Brill.
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 6 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 9 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs