Evans to consult ‘professional football friends’ as he searches for McCarthy replacement - Milne
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town managing director Ian Milne insists owner Marcus Evans will consult a number of ‘professional football friends’ as he searches for a new manager.
Bryan Klug is in charge for the remainder of the season following Mick McCarthy’s dramatic departure last night, with Milne saying this morning that the search for a new boss is ‘well underway’.
Evans will take his time in making the appointment, which may not happen until the end of the season, and will take advice from friends in the game.
It has previously been reported that is close with former Tottenham and West Ham manager Harry Redknapp, while Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson is thought to be someone Evans knows well.
“There is a list of people who have thrown their hat in the ring but he has to take his time to do it,” he told the BBC Radio Suffolk Breakfast show. “That may not happen until the end of the season.
“Of course as a club we want to play attractive football but he has to see who’s out there, it won’t be like Marcus is going to make a decision tomorrow,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a decision he’s going to take with his professional football friends, players, with other managers and he will consult a lot of people in the game and won’t be rushed to who that is.
“He will listen to the fans as well those within the club who have a lot of experience.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 8 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 9 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
“It also depends who wants the job. There are a lot of people who have thrown their hats in the ring.
“I really don’t know and I don’t think Marcus knows at the moment.”
It was confirmed today that Evans plans to speak on camera in the coming weeks for an interview with the club’s in-house media department – the first time he will have done so since buying the club.