IES 1 Great Yarmouth 1
Division 2CIpswich East Suffolk 1 Great Yarmouth 1IES were back to their old form when they travelled to play Great Yarmouth. Playing the ball about the pitch with strength and flair and using the entire pitch, the visitors moved the ball up towards the visitors' goal area.
Ipswich East Suffolk 1 Great Yarmouth 1
IES were back to their old form when they travelled to play Great Yarmouth.
Playing the ball about the pitch with strength and flair and using the entire pitch, the visitors moved the ball up towards the visitors' goal area. The host's defence was pretty sound though and IES were unable to create chances and score.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Linda Rose swept the ball in to the circle for waiting team mate Anne Edney to slot the ball past the keeper creating a 1-0 lead.
Claire Pearsons on the right and Amanda Todd on the left kept the ball moving up the wings and feeding the ball through to the waiting forwards. Abigail Adams and Clare Laight showed great strength and determination on and off of the ball. Faye Godden in goal had a good game and was put to the test, coming out each time and clearing her line.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 6 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 7 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
In the last ten minutes of the second half a defensive error created a goal opportunity for the home side and they converted this to a goal. With the game now 1-1, IES pushed up the pitch and penetrated the defence on several occasions but were unable to create goal scoring opportunities.