IES 8 Cambridge City IV 1
NE14 Hockey East Division 2 NorthIpswich East Suffolk 8 Cambridge City IV 1IES, sponsored by Hill Piling, made hay again against a side struggling in the lower echelons of the league.
NE14 Hockey East Division 2 North
Ipswich East Suffolk 8 Cambridge City IV 1
IES, sponsored by Hill Piling, made hay again against a side struggling in the lower echelons of the league.
A reshuffled IES team featured skipper Borwick at right back and Stuart Gooderham returning to a midfield role.
You may also want to watch:
IES were 3-0 up at half time through goals from Cole, Taylor and Tingey. City failed to test keeper Lane in this period and were generally poor in going forward.
After half time IES surged forward and scored further strikes through Cole, who grabbed one more, Taylor gained his hat-trick, plus Brown and Tingey added one each too.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 5 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 6 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 9 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 10 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
Cambridge City scored with their only real attack into the IES D, deflecting a shot past Lane which was the only negative point of the day for the home side who had otherwise been solid at the back.
IES travel to Peterborough on Saturday, facing a team that should be a harder test than this weekend's visitors.