IES II 7 Sudbury III 1
Premier DivisionIpswich East Suffolk II 7 Sudbury III 1Ipswich East Suffolk II finished their season on a high with this 7-1 rout over Sudbury III.
Ipswich East Suffolk II 7 Sudbury III 1
Ipswich East Suffolk II finished their season on a high with this 7-1 rout over Sudbury III.
After an end-to-end start IES's Fuller converted a short corner with an excellent shot. A duplicate short corner goal doubled IES's lead.
You may also want to watch:
IES continued to pressure and settled well to show some fine moves. Fuller and Cook soon linked well to give Lawrence the opportunity to put away another well-worked goal.
Some fine work from the midfield and forwards resulted in Elsom making a fine goal from the top of the D for 4-0.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
Sudbury did battle hard and were rewarded when a deflection went in off the goalkeepers pads leaving the score 4-1 at half time.
IES dominated the game after the break. Cook missed a sitter in front of goal, but Moran made no mistake in putting a fine cross from the right past the static keeper. Claxton made easy work to push the fallen ball which came off a Sudbury defender into the back of the net and Fuller completed the scoring by finishing a one-on-one with the keeper.
Great work and input from coach Pete Elsom combined with dedication from captain Simpson have resulted in IES II ending their season fourth in the table.