IN TODAY’S EADT: Your 48-page Rio 2014 supplement featuring Ipswich Town legends
- Credit: Archant
“I stood a bit too upright in every picture and my chest was stuck out a little bit too far,” says Mick Mills.
The Ipswich Town legend explains the pride he experienced in captaining England during the 1982 World Cup in Spain and reveals how he felt his chance to play on the biggest stage had passed him by.
Chris Brammer’s in-depth interview with Mills is one of several to feature in the East Anglian Daily Times’ 48-page ‘Rio 2014’ supplement which you can find in tomorrow’s newspaper.
Brammer also talks to Scotland duo George Burley and John Wark about their experiences at the same tournament, plus Matt Holland, who helped Republic of Ireland to the last-16 at World Cup 2002 in Japan and South Korea.
As well as that, chief football reporter Stuart Watson speaks to New Zealand international and current Ipswich Town centre-back Tommy Smith about his time playing in South Africa in the 2010 tournament, while former Blues chairman David Sheepshanks gives us an exclusive insight into the development of England’s future talent at St George’s Park.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a World Cup wallchart containing every fixture, profiles of the forthcoming tournament’s players to watch, with help from our friends at Panini, while EADT editor Terry Hunt and legendary sports reporter Tony Garnett look back at the England tenures of former Ipswich managers Sir Alf Ramsey and Sir Bobby Robson.
Let World Cup fever grip you and enjoy the read!
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 6 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 7 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees