Injury blow for Wilson
COLCHESTER United right-back Brian Wilson will be out for up to eight weeks after injuring his ankle ligaments.
The 27-year-old sustained the injury on Tuesday after innocuously rolling it in a training match.
The attack-minded full-back has been a virtual ever-present for the U’s in the first half of the season following his free transfer move from Bristol City in the summer.
He is now on crutches though and has been ruled out for six to eight weeks – the U’s already scheduled to play 13 games in that time with even more likely to be added following rearrangements.
It’s a big blow to Wilson who already missed two whole seasons of his career through serious leg injuries,
You may also want to watch:
“Strangely enough, Brian turned his ankle on the flattest pitch we’ve been on,” said Ward.
“We went to Thurstable School and played an eleven v eleven game and in the very last minute he went over with no-one around him.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
“It’s a shame for Brian because he’s been playing really well and been one of the most consistent performers in the team.
“It’s pretty serious, but luckily there’s no break which was our first fear.”
– For the latest news on U’s manager John Ward’s plans for the transfer window and an update on David Mooney’s loan situation from Reading, see tomorrow’s EADT.