Injury updates ahead of Colchester United’s home tussle with Coventry
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United look set to be without striker Kurtis Guthrie, for tomorrow night’s visit of Coventry City, while full-back Kane Vincent-Young continues to struggle with a sore hamstring.
Guthrie hobbled off with a swollen ankle, following a foul on him during Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Carlisle United, and he is unlikely to be fit to face the Sky Blues.
That could mean a full U’s debut for Liam Mandeville, after the Doncaster loanee replaced Guthrie before the hour-mark on Saturday.
Vincent-Young, meanwhile, missed out all together, and Drey Wright should again fill in at left wing-back tomorrow evening.
“We adjusted to losing Kurtis, although we didn’t play for 15 minutes after making the sub,” admitted McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
“Kane has a recurring hamstring injury. He’s had it for a number of weeks. It just seems to tighten up at the least things, so he has had a scan and we will go from there,” added McGreal.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season