Ipswich 2 Sudbury II 0
Division 2C Ipswich 2 Sudbury II 0 Ipswich entered the last game before Christmas aware of Sudbury's poor form thus far this season, but equally wary that complacency never helped anyone.
Ipswich 2 Sudbury II 0
Ipswich entered the last game before Christmas aware of Sudbury's poor form thus far this season, but equally wary that complacency never helped anyone.
Indeed, the first five minutes indicated that the game was going to be a good competitive match with Sudbury determined not to go down without a fight.
You may also want to watch:
The first goal came from a short corner as Nicky Keely stepped in from injecting to tip Martine Butcher's excellent ball just inside the post. A classic goal, which proved to be an excellent confidence booster for the home team.
Ipswich continued to dominate as they played a passing game with excellent individual performances from Connie Bedingfield and star guest Sarah Logan who dragged herself from her sickbed to come to our assistance!
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
The goal tally was soon doubled as Clare Firth put an excellent free hit straight onto the stick of Roisin Moore who turned and nutmegged the keeper.
The second half saw Sudbury forced to cope with the significant pressure supplied by an on-form Ipswich side who were working hard as a comprehensive unit for each other. Also improved was Ipswich's pressing in of Sudbury 16's which forced the ball deep and wide every time.
Bizarrely the second half did not supply any more goals as the Sudbury defence managed somehow to contain the attack, despite excellent running from both Alice Christian and Alex Daniels.
Nicky Keely also had an awesome second half which saw almost all the play down the right-hand side of the pitch which kept her running for pretty much 35 minutes solid.
The game really was a great team performance with everyone giving maximum effort and keeping up a first class work rate for the entirety of the match.
The 3s therefore enter the Festive Season in most excellent spirits, having stormed through the first half of the season as the only team in the league not to have lost a game.