Ipswich 8 Old Buckenham 0
NE14HOCKEY East Women's LeagueDivision 1NIpswich 8 Old Buckenham 0IPSWICH hosted Old Buckenham on Saturday and began their warm up by sweeping and stomping on the frozen sideline to enable the match to go ahead.
NE14HOCKEY East Women's League
Ipswich 8 Old Buckenham 0
IPSWICH hosted Old Buckenham on Saturday and began their warm up by sweeping and stomping on the frozen sideline to enable the match to go ahead. Faced with an “different” style of hockey and plenty of stick tackles Ipswich found it hard to raise the game to the level of play they are capable of. Despite not playing their best hockey and letting several scoring opportunities slip by, Ipswich managed to capitalise on some of their attacking play. Ipswich's goals in the first half came from from the younger members of the team with two goals each for Anna Sherring and Annabel Driver.
You may also want to watch:
After a half-time chat from coach Mark Wheelhouse pointing out that Ipswich seriously needed to step up their game Ipswich returned to the pitch determined to show what they were capable of. They looked much faster and stronger than Old Buckenham for the first 10 minutes of the half, with an early goal from Anna Sherring picking up a re-bound from a PC shot to secure her hat-trick! Ipswich then lost their edge a little, getting dragged down yet again by Old Buckenham's stick-tackling and much slower pace of play.
However they did work hard to produce long periods of attacking play with a further two goals in open play, one from midfielder Lucy Gallagher and another from right wing Fiona Lane (Jock). The last goal of the match came from a PC struck from the top of the 'D' by midfielder Jo Gray who was determined to score!
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
MOTM this week was shared by Anna Sherring and Issy Sheldrake.