Ipswich and East Suffolk hockey duo selected for England under-16s
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich East Suffolk Hockey Club duo Jake Davey and Ollie Juszt have have been selected for England’s under-16s.
Woodbridge School pupil Ollie is a goalkeeper, while Jake, who attends Ipswich School, plays outfield and the youngsters will be hoping to emualte the achievements of Great Britain and England regulars George Pinner and Harry Martin, who also hail from Ipswich.
Ollie and Jake will play in a British Colleges Game, in Loughborough, later this month, before facing Germany, in Cologne, in July and then taking part in a six-nations tournament.
The teenagers have endured seven months of intensive training to get to this point and made the cut after the squad was reduced in size in January.
Junior head coach, Tony Burch, said: “I have been working with Jake and Ollie for a number of years, and it is such a proud moment for me personally and everyone involved at IES to hear such wonderful news.
You may also want to watch:
“Both Jake and Ollie have matured and developed on the pitch into fantastic hockey players, and both still have so much to offer. “They are both integral figures for IES as the club moves forward.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain