Ipswich Basketball Club hope for record Copleston crowd at play-off game with Worcester Wolves
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Basketball Club are hoping to attract a record crowd to Copleston for their first round play-off game with old rivals the Worcester Wolves on Sunday.
The Suffolk side’s senior men’s team, who finished third in the table in their first season in Division Two of the English Basketball League, face the squad who consistently got the better of them over the past two seasons in Divisions Three and Four.
But now Ipswich are the stronger team and will be favourites to win, thus reaching their third consecutive national final four.
Head coach Nick Drane said: “Sunday is a big day, we have a great match day sponsor on board in Scrutton Bland so we want to put on a good show for them, it’s the final home game of what has been an amazing season so we want to go out the right way and of course it’s (assistant coach) Matt Ward’s final home game after three years with the team which will be quite special.
“However, the most important thing is winning and making the final four for the third straight season”.
You may also want to watch:
The game tips-off at 2pm at Copleston Sports Centre. Entry is just £3 for adults, £2 for juniors and £1 for u11’s. Visit www.ipswichbasketball.net for more information.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans