Basketball Triathlon raises £3,000 for charity in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Basketball welcomed the return of the Basketball Triathlon Fundraiser on Saturday, in a hugely successful day at Inspire Suffolk, writes Rob Schatten.
Once a regular fixture in the club’s summer schedule, the popular event has been revived by junior coaches Liz Thurlow and Natalie Carter and Saturday’s edition raised over £3,000.
“This event was always a highlight of the year for us as juniors, and it was our pleasure to help re-introduce it,” said Liz.
To complete the ‘triathlon’, the club’s junior players must run 50km while dribbling a basketball, make 11,500 shots including layups, free throws and three-pointers, and complete a whopping 50,000 passes.
Over 50 boys and girls from the under-12s to under-18s age groups took part, working together and supporting each other to hit the target.
You may also want to watch:
Senior and junior coaches helped to run the day, and the club thanked all the parents who turned out to support the day.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic