Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy has a midfield selection headache as Cole Skuse and Giles Coke face a month out
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Cole Skuse and Giles Coke are both facing at least a month on the sidelines after picking up injuries at Queens Park Rangers, leaving Mick McCarthy thin on the ground in the centre of midfield heading into his side’s trip to Bristol City.
Skuse suffered a toe ligament injury in the early minutes at Loftus Road before eventually being replaced just before the hour, with replacement Coke taking a bang on the knee which will also see him miss a month of action
Luke Hyam missed that game with a tight calf but could be available, while Jonathan Douglas will miss the visit to Ashton Gate through suspension, leaving McCarthy with selection trouble.
“Cole is out as well for at least a month, it could be six weeks, he’s damaged the ligament in his toe pretty early on in the game,” he said.
“That’s a real blow as well as he’s another one who had it strapped at half-time then it got too much.
You may also want to watch:
“Luke Hyam might be fit but he’s had some trouble with his calf and Dougie is sitting this one out (suspension) as well.
“Giles is out for four weeks as well, he took a bang on his knee, so another one bites the dust.”
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
Long-term injury victims Teddy Bishop and David McGoldrick remain sidelined, as does goalkeeper Dean Gerken.
The Ipswich boss also confirmed that Ryan Fraser is set for six to eight weeks out with a hamstring problem.“Probably six to eight weeks, it’s a real sad one that because he’s been cracking for us,” he said.
“Fair play to him, he held onto the ball for three or four seconds which shows what he’s all about.
“He left the building as positive as ever and hopefully he’ll be back after six or eight weeks.
“We missed him the last time he was out and we’ll miss him this time no doubt.”