Ipswich Eagles retain British Under-19 team trophy
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Eagles retained the British Under-19 Team trophy for the third successive season, scoring 60 from a possible 64 in the five-team final at Newport.
The Eagles dominated, winning their first six heats before riding for a safe second place in heat nine and the result was never in doubt.
Sixteen-year-old Ben Harvey took a first and second place from reserve in the second half of the meeting, while Charlie Rumbold wrapped up the win with a cracking piece of riding, moving from last to first in thrilling action.
With four of the Ipswich team still able to ride in this championship next season, there is every chance the Eagles could make it four straight British team titles, as they look to defend their overall British Team Championship.
Team scores: Ipswich 60, Wednesfield 43, Poole 38, Sheffield 30, East Park 24
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich scorers: Charlie Rumbold 15, Richard Fellgett 15, Matt Hill 12, Daniel Knights 11, Ben Harvey 7.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 8 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 9 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
- 10 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion