Ipswich fan Sam Walker joins Colchester
COLCHESTER United have signed keeper Sam Walker from Chelsea.
Manager Joe Dunne has today taken steps to increase his goalkeeping options by recruiting 21-year-old Walker on loan from Stamford Bridge until the end of the season.
Walker is yet to make his senior debut for Chelsea, but he can draw on considerable experience from loan spells at Bristol Rovers (this season), Yeovil and Northampton (last season) and Barnet (in 2011).
Walker will be vying with Mark Cousins for the No. 1 role, ahead of this Saturday’s crunch game at basement dewellers Hartlepool.
A lifelong Ipswich Town fan, Walker was a regular in Chelsea’s FA Youth Cup winning side of 2009-10.
You may also want to watch:
He had mixed feelings when playing his first game at Ipswich in August, 2011, for loan club Northampton.
He helped the Cobblers to a shock 2-1 win over Town in a Carling Cup tie, having been a regular at Portman Road for the past 15 years as a supporter.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 9 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave