Ipswich fans – is Alex Neil’s Norwich sacking good news for the Blues?
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
It’s all over for Alex Neil at Norwich City.
The Scot was sacked yesterday after a run of five games without a win, becoming the 12th Championship sacking this season.
It’s left the Canaries rudderless just hours before todays game against a Blackburn Rovers side managed by Ipswich icon Tony Mowbray.
Earlier in the day Neil had told reporters at a press conference, in relation to his future at Carrow Road, “100% I believe I can take this on and do what is required” and that he was already making preparations for a radical close-season overhaul of the squad.
The decision by Norwich to drop their manager at 6pm on a Friday night was described as shocking by the Canaries Trust chairman Robin Sainty, “really amateurish” by ex-City striker Iwan Roberts and bizarre by Eastern Daily Press football writer Chris Lakey.
You may also want to watch:
But what does all this mean for Ipswich Town fans?
Give us your views in the comments below and take our short poll, above, on whether you think things are all going to start going downhill for the Canaries now Neil is out of the door.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash