Ipswich heavyweight Fabio Wardley set to fight in Norwich on July 22
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich heavyweight Fabio Wardley is scheduled to make his return to the ring on July 22, at Epic Studios, in Norwich.
The former Chantry High School pupil was on the Braintree Leisure Centre card that was cancelled earlier this month, but should get his second professional fight under his belt in Norfolk.
Wardley made his professional debut in April when he defeated tricky southpaw Jakob Wojkic.
After that fight in London, Wardley, who boxes out of the Suffolk Punch Gym at Martlesham and is signed to Shamrock Promotions, said: “It wasn’t an easy fight and I stressed that I didn’t want an opponent that was going to give me an easy ride,
“He was a tough opponent that had only been stopped once, he wasn’t a fat lump who was just going to take punches.
You may also want to watch:
“Coming up against a southpaw was a bit of a shock to the system as I have never sparred with one at that weight.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health