Ipswich: High School girls look to follow in footsteps of Sochi Winter Olympics skiers
- Credit: Archant
Could these girls be Britain’s next generation of Olympic skiing stars?
With the Sochi winter games in full flow nine girls from Ipswich High School have been selected for national training squads on the continent.
Scarlett McCabe-Abel, Emma Dereve, Natasha Royal and sisters Antonia and Ella Durant will travel on Saturday to the English Schools’ Ski Association Training Camp in Norway.
And Alexa Elliff and Annie Shelley will train in the spring with the Primary Squad in the Netherlands.
In March the girls, along with teammates Grace Levene and Maddie Shelley, will meet for a competition in France.
You may also want to watch:
The girls won their places on the camps after performances at the association’s championship races earlier in the year.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 8 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 9 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop