Ipswich II go eight points clear
East League Division One NorthIpswich II 2 Harleston II 1Ipswich II made it two wins for 2007 with this victory over their Harleston counterparts.The gale force winds had postponed training during the week so Ipswich hadn't had the chance to be 100% prepared, however, they maintained their cool and organisation throughout the warm up to be ready to play high level hockey from the first whistle.
East League Division One North
Ipswich II 2 Harleston II 1
Ipswich II made it two wins for 2007 with this victory over their Harleston counterparts.
The gale force winds had postponed training during the week so Ipswich hadn't had the chance to be 100% prepared, however, they maintained their cool and organisation throughout the warm up to be ready to play high level hockey from the first whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Harleston started off physically strong but Ipswich kept them in their half the majority of the time. The defence kept cool as numerous accurate balls were fed around the back to switch the play. Excellent intercepting runs from Lisa Jones meant that she was able to meet the ball consistently before her marked player. With Hannah Tallent stepping into Leisa Kings role, the midfield remained strong throughout the entire match but unfortunately, as a whole weren't able to feed many balls up front. Emily Masson showed excellent skills with dribbles inside towards the centre from left midfield aiming to link the play more consistently. Both teams were able to maintain their strength and composure during the first half.
In the second half, Ipswich came out to dominate, earning some valuable short corners which missed the goal narrowly. Following an excellent attack from Ipswich they created two attempts on goal which were followed up by a rebound goal from Anni Broster.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
Unfortunately for Ipswich, Harleston were able to pull back a goal to equalise from an immensely powerful straight strike short corner.
With persistent attempts raining in at the goal, within ten minutes another goal was scored by Ipswich following some excellent skills from Beth Golding, her pass finished off precisely by Fiona Lane to give Ipswich the lead for the second time.
Following an unfortunate injury to Lane, play was stopped for a while but Ipswich fought to the end of the match with a determination to walk away with another three points.
The game heated up during the last part but through strength and team cohesion Ipswich finished the match with a victory, extending their lead at the top of the table to eight points.