Ipswich III 3 IES 2
Division 2NIpswich III 3 Ipswich East Suffolk 2A close and tense local derby between IES and Ipswich III eventually resulted in a win for the home side.
Ipswich III 3 Ipswich East Suffolk 2
A close and tense local derby between IES and Ipswich III eventually resulted in a win for the home side.
IES were down to a bare 11 and welcomed back Tingey from injury, with Trett and Francis coming into the side due to availability from several key players.
You may also want to watch:
IES, however, started the better side and were the dominant force in the first half, leading one nil at half time through another goal from Cole as he sped past Ben Glading in the Ipswich goal and dispatched his shot into the far corner.
The second half saw IES go two up through Tingey, who slipped the ball over Glading and the visitors looked to be cruising.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 3 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
However, through some unfortunate umpiring decisions, they conceded a succession of penalty corners and through the first Ipswich skipper Sam Gibson flicked the ball past Lane to open their account.
Lane was soon undone again through another Gibson goal from another penalty corner, reverse striking through the keeper's legs.
IES looked to have held on for a draw until a very dubious penalty corner award via Peck's foot when he was not given time to retire five yards and Gibson dispatched a fierce shot into the bottom left corner to secure the win as the final whistle went.
IES, although the losers, will hold the positives as they welcome Cambridge City III to the Copleston Centre on Saturday.
IES team: Lane (GK), Brown, Peck, Blake, Gooderham, Borwick, Trett, Cole, Taylor, Tingey, Francis.