Ipswich martial arts fighters do well at Braintree
MARTIAL ARTS: There were three victories for members of Team Ipswich MMA at the BCFA Fight Night held at Towerlands, Braintree.
Mixed martial art fighters Sam O’Brien, Corrin Eaton, Christopher Mohtram and Luke Crowe travelled to compete in the event which was held at the Towerlands centre in Braintree.
Eaton stepped into the cage having taken the fight at three hours notice. He had been training hard after a long lay-off due to injury and stepped up to win his first MMA contest with a submission in the third round.
Mohtram once again showcased his Muay Thai skills when he dismantled his opponent early in the second round, He caught him with a hard left hook that dropped his opponent and finished the fight with a superb rear naked choke to take his second win as an undefeated semi-pro light heavyweight.
In what was hailed the ‘fight of the night’ TIMMA’s O’Brien stepped into the cage to battle a tough opponent from Scotland. The contest ended in the third round when O’Brien managed to take a full mount position on his opponent to force the referee to stop the fight by TKO with his opponent unable to defend himself.
You may also want to watch:
Crowe had his third fight against a well trained fighter. Their battle lasted two long hard rounds with both fighters leaving everything in the cage. Crowe could not return for the next round and his opponent took the win. It was a big test for Crowe to fight a very tough opponent and he proved he has a huge heart by pushing his fight as hard as he did.
The night came as Team Ipswich MMA celebrated its first year and coaches Shane Smy and Alex Tatum couldn’t have been any happier with their lads.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
Team Ipswich MMA train out of Ipswich Kickboxing Academy, 22 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1DL Tel: 01473 233633 www.ipswichkickboxingacademy.co.uk.