Ipswich team Harchester make the regional finals
Ipswich five-a-side team Harchester FC have progressed to the Powerade Fives regional finals after winning their heat at the Goals Soccer Centre in Ipswich.
They will now compete in the Midlands finals which take place at Goals Eltham on Sunday April 29. Sixteen teams will then make it through to the national finals, which will take place in Northampton on Sunday May 6.
The winners of the tournament will go on all-expenses paid, five-day trip to the Euro 2012 Championships in Poland and Ukraine. The prize includes; tickets to a Euro 2012 game, the chance to play an exhibition game against a local side in one of the fan zones, a new football kit for the whole team and a coaching session by a top level football coach.
Team Captain Joe Hanley said: “We played really well throughout the tournament and the only close game was the final which we won on penalties after a 2-2 draw, it could have gone either way to be fair.
“It’s the first time we have played in a national competition and we are all excited to be going to the regional finals and then you never know how far we can get.”
You may also want to watch:
General Manager for Goals in Ipswich, Kirk Natrass, said: “This is a chance for Harchester FC to ‘live the dream’ and win a prize money can’t buy, and we wish them all the luck in the regional finals and beyond.”
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 8 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront