Ipswich Town Ladies progress in FA Cup
IPSWICH Town Ladies manager Ollie Drake hailed his side’s growing confidence after they defeated AFC Wimbledon 5-1 to progress through to the FA Cup second round yesterday.
Shell Allum and Rosie Webb each grabbed a brace before Kat Parnell added gloss to the scoreline to secure progression for the hosts at Ipswich Wanderers’ Humber Doucy Lane ground.
“We did well in the end,” said Drake. “We looked very rusty because we haven’t played for a couple of weeks and we were really struggling to get a grip on the game.
“They equalised just before the break and a few words were said at half-time.
“But in the second half we took the game to them. We looked much more confident and made much better use of the ball.
You may also want to watch:
“Each goal we scored was a great team goal. There were certainly no nerves in the second-half.
“Hopefully we can get a game in next week – otherwise our next fixture won’t be until after Christmas, which will be the next round of the cup.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
“But we’ll be training over the Christmas period to ensure our confidence levels continue to rise and hopefully we can go on a great FA Cup run.”