Aaron Cresswell and Tyrone Mings to miss Ipswich Town’s game at Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Rookie left-back David October could make his professional debut for Ipswich Town in tomorrow night’s Capital One Cup clash at Stevenage, with Aaron Cresswell and Tyrone Mings both set to miss out through injury.
McCarthy, who will hand debuts to defender Christoph Berra and goalkeeper Dean Gerken and could make several other changes, also has the option of playing Tommy Smith at left-back.
“I am hoping he (Cresswell) will train on Thursday, train Friday and will be available for Saturday (against Millwall),” said McCarthy.
“Tyrone is not available, he will be out for a couple of weeks I would have thought as he opened his medial ligament up.”
Anthony Wordsworth (calf) will also miss the clash at Broadhall Way, in what will be the first-ever meeting between the teams, while loan midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe is ineligible
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Josh Carson will play for Bristol City’s development team this afternoon.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 Wanted man arrested in Suffolk village