Aaron Mclean challenged by Ipswich Town boss
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich v Hull: Blues Town boss Mick McCarthy has challenged Hull City striker Aaron Mclean to impress him between now and the end of the season.
The striker has endured a tough spell at Portman Road, since his loan switch from today’s opponents, but may have a chance to impress, following the end of David McGoldrick’s loan.
“Aaron has been great, he has just not hit the heights that took him to Hull, but that can be for a lot of reasons,” said the Ipswich manager.
“There is the fact that he hasn’t played up there – he has been a bit part player up there. He did start for us at Cardiff and did well but it has just not turned to gold for him.
“David McGoldrick has been the better of the two and in fairness he has done better with more pace and strength alongside him, especially when Daryl Murphy has played.
You may also want to watch:
“But the season is not finished yet and with David (McGoldrick – ineligible) not being able to play, it gives him a better chance.”
Mclean has scored just one goal for Town, being on target in the 4-0 win against Middlesbrough.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 6 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 10 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road