‘All about fitness’, says Jewell.
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell says his side’s 3-1 win over Dutch side FC Den Bosch was ‘all about fitness’.
After goals from Tommy Smith, Jason Scotland and Tamas Priskin sealed a hard-fought victory, Jewell said: “In the first half we played some good stuff.
“In the second half you make a few changes and you’re always going to lose your rhythm.
“It’s always nice to win games and it’s another step towards fitness.
“We created a few chances and it probably could have been four or five at half-time. It was a bit scrappy second half, but it’s all about fitness at this stage.”
You may also want to watch:
– For the latest on Jewell’s moves in the transfer market, see tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster