Andrews ruled out of Reading trip
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell has confirmed that nine-goal midfielder Keith Andrews will miss Saturday’s New Year’s Eve match at Reading.
The Irishman limped off with a hamstring injury just before half-time of Monday’s 1-1 draw at Leicester, with Jimmy Bullard replacing him and taking the captain’s armband.
Andrews also looks set to miss Monday’s home match against Nottingham Forest – the last game of his half-season loan spell from Blackburn Rovers.
Striker Jason Scotland is also doubt for Saturday’s trip to the Madejski Stadium having reported a tight hamstring, but Jewell expects him to be fit enough to play.
The Blues are otherwise injury-free as they look to make it four games unbeaten.
You may also want to watch:
– For all the latest Blues news, see tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic