Arran Lee-Barrett’s delight over man of the match display
ARRAN Lee-Barrett today proved there was life after England keeper David Stockdale after a stunning first half display set Ipswich Town on the road to a 1-0 win over Derby County.
The Blues’ first clean sheet in nine matches owed much to Lee-Barrett who made four vital saves during the opening 45 minutes.
And the keeper said: “I was delighted to play and I love playing at Portman Road.
“The second 45 minutes last week (the 5-3 win over Barnsley) was the starting point. We wanted to take it into today. These two wins can give us confidence.”
This afternoon’s match at Portman Road hinged on a controversial goal by Keith Andrews – his ninth of the season – after just 33 seconds of the second half.
You may also want to watch:
The skipper’s header was hacked clear from the goalline but the goal was eventually given after a period of consultation between the officials.
And Lee-Barrett said: “We have just seen the replay and we definitely think it was over the line – but then we are going to say that. From the reaction, you could see everyone was convinced it was in.”
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 5 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 6 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 7 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 8 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 9 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree