Arran Lee-Barrett will start for Town while Grant Leadbitter returns
PAUL Jewell has this morning confirmed that Arran Lee-Barrett will start in goal for Ipswich Town in Saturday’s home match against Derby County.
A day after David Stockdale returned to Premier League parent club Fulham, Jewell said Lee-Barrett will take over at the weekend with Richard Wright remaining injured on the sidelines.
Jewell said: “I think Arran was our best player against Burnley and this is an opportunity for him.”
Elsewhere, club captain Grant Leadbitter could return to the squad against Derby following his groin injury. The skipper has trained all week and Jewell said he would be in contention as long as he gets through the next 48 hours,
But Leadbitter might have to be content with a place on the bench following Town’s dramatic 5-3 win at Barnsley last Saturday - the first win in eight matches.
You may also want to watch:
With Danny Collins returning to Stoke City after the weekend, both Damien Delaney and Ivar Ingirmarsson could be fit for the Boxing Day clash at Leicester City.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside