'His attitude wasn't professional at the end... but we wish him luck at Ipswich' - Barnsley boss on Thomas loan
- Credit: ITFC/PA
Barnsley boss Valerien Ismael believes Luke Thomas’ attitude was ‘not really professional’ prior to his loan move to Ipswich Town.
The winger left the Tykes for Portman Road earlier this week, joining on loan until the end of the season as he completed a move which had been in the works for several weeks.
Thomas, 21, is keen for regular football having been used largely as a substitute at Barnsley this season, with Ismael admitting his player wasn’t happy before the move was rubber-stamped.
“Luke Thomas was unhappy,” he said, ahead of his side’s FA Cup clash with Norwich this weekend.
“His attitude was not really professional at the end, and that’s why he wanted to leave.
“I think it was a situation for us to work with players who want to stay, work with us and be positive. We wish him luck in Ipswich but he is still a Barnsley player.
“We will see what happens,” the Frenchman continued, when asked if Thomas still has a future at Oakwell.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
“I will focus on the players who are here, and this is the most important thing.”
Thomas is contracted to Barnsley until 2023.