Bishop scores in Under 23 draw at Millwall as Huws plays again
Teddy Bishop scored on his return to action as Ipswich Town’s Under 23s drew 2-2 at Millwall this afternoon.
Bishop, along with midfield partner for the day Emyr Huws, has not kicked a ball for the Blues this season due to injury, with Huws dealing with an Achilles problem and Bishop working his way back to fitness having undergone groin surgery in August.
But they both played at The Den as part of an Ipswich side which also included Myles Kenlock and Danny Rowe, with Bishop equalising Harry Donovan’s opener just after the half hour mark, as he curled home a free-kick from the edge of the box.
Millwall then took the lead again through Kristian Brymora before Ben Morris, who yesterday signed a new deal at Portman Road, grabbed a late equaliser.
Huws also played for the Blues’ young side against Aston Villa on Monday night, having withdrawn from international duty with Wales as he continues to fight for a first team return.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Mick McCarthy previously hinted Huws could have been involved in the home game at Preston last weekend, but he was not named in the matchday 18 with the visit to Hull next Saturday now a target.
Bishop, who has struggled with a number of injury issues in recent years, has not played for the Blues since their defeat at Rotherham in April.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 8 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
Ipswich Town U23s: Crowe M, Crowe D, Kenlock, Bishop, Woolfenden, Webber, Rowe, Huws, Morris, Folami, McLoughlan
Subs: Clements, Ware, McKendry, Daniel, Dabro