Blackburn Rovers want Keith Andrews talks
BLACKBURN Rovers boss Steve Kean has revealed he wants to discuss Keith Andrews’ options when the midfielder returns to Ewood Park next month.
The stand-in Ipswich Town skipper has impressed during his half-season loan and may now be a target for other Premier League clubs as well as Paul Jewell himself.
But Kean has been very non-committal in discussing Andrews’ future at Ewood Park – despite the player regularly dismissing any chances of playing for Blackburn.
Kean told BBC Radio Lancashire: “He’s got a contract with us until the end of the season. We would like to bring him back and then discuss the options with Keith.
“I believe there was some speculation about Swansea being interested but I think that was dismissed. But he’s under contract with us so we’ll bring him in with his agent.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll have a chat with him and first of all ask the player where he wants to play his football and we will take it from there.”
Jewell yesterday stressed that he would love to bring Andrews back to Portman Road next month – but admitted that he might have other Premier League suitors.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside