Blues back in for St Ledger while Town target Tyson looks elsewhere
IPSWICH Town have reportedly made a fresh bid to sign Preston centre back Sean St Ledger.
The 26-year-old Republic of Ireland international was first wanted by Paul Jewell in the January transfer window but the Blues had a bid, thought to be in the region of �1.5 million, turned down.
Now it seems Jewell has gone back in for the defender following Preston’s relegation to League One.
St Ledger, who also played for Peterborough and had a loan spell at Middlesbrough, is seen as an ideal replacement for the now-departed Gareth McAuley but Ipswich will face competition from a number of Championship clubs.
The moves comes just 24 hours after Town reportedly bid for Cardiff striker Michael Chopra while talks with former Reading captain Ivar Ingimarsson are progressing.
You may also want to watch:
But one man who seems unlikely to be heading to Portman Road is former Nottingham Forest striker Nathan Tyson.
Linked with Ipswich last month, Tyson seems set to sign for Derby County after reports in the Midlands claimed he had held talks this week and was set to sign a three-year deal with the Rams.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes