Blues boss' sacking branded disgraceful
Former Chelsea manager Tommy Docherty has branded the sacking of Avram Grant as "disgraceful".Grant's four-year contract was terminated after just eight months last night following the club's first trophyless season since 2004.
Former Chelsea manager Tommy Docherty has branded the sacking of Avram Grant as "disgraceful".
Grant's four-year contract was terminated after just eight months last night following the club's first trophyless season since 2004.
Grant is reportedly said to feel betrayed over his dismissal which came three days after Chelsea lost the Champions League final on penalties to Manchester United.
Docherty, who managed Chelsea in the 1960s, said, "I think it's a terrible decision to make.
"The man's done an incredible job at Chelsea football club, following the great (Jose) Mourinho.
"He hardly lost a game. He lost a game the other night on penalty kick which could have gone the other way.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 4 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 5 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 6 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 7 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 8 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 9 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 10 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
"I think it's disgraceful.'