Blues' loan move for Dyer?
KIERON Dyer could join Ipswich Town on loan from West Ham in January, it has emerged
KIERON Dyer could join Ipswich Town on loan from West Ham in January.
Blues boss Jim Magilton is understood to be willing to allow Dyer to complete his rehabilitation from a long term injury with the Blues should the Hammers want him to have a loan spell.
Dyer was in the Ipswich Town directors' box as a guest of Town's reserve team manager Chris Kiwomya on Saturday to watch the 1-1 draw with Sheffield United.
Dyer is due to play in a specially arranged behind closed doors friendly for West Ham as part of his come back from a broken leg.
Magilton rates the former Ipswich Town star, who won 33 caps for England, as the best player he ever played alongside and remains a huge admirer.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 6 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 7 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 8 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 'Rare' home of former socialite and artist goes up for sale for £1.5m
Dyer left the Blues in the summer of 1999 and spent eight years at Newcastle before signing for West Ham in a £6m switch in 2007.
But he broke a leg in a Carling Cup match against Bristol Rovers and just when he thought he was making a comeback he suffered another set back last August.
If a deal can be arranged to suit all three parties then Dyer could rejoin his old club two days after his 30th birthday on December 29.
Dyer still lives in Ipswich and sponsors the Blues under-nines academy side.
He has previously sponsored an FA Youth Cup match and friendly games.