Bowyer back in training ahead of Blackpool trip
LEE Bowyer has today resumed training with Ipswich Town and is contention for Saturday’s match against Blackpool.
The combative midfielder has missed the last two matches with a hamstring strain but could come into manager Paul Jewell’s thoughts for the weekend.
And he might be joined by Icelandic international defender Ivar Ingimarsson (thigh) who is expected to be back in full training tomorrow along with Jay Emmanuel-Thomas who hobbled off with an ankle injury in last week’s 2-1 win over Leeds United.
Jewell said: “Lee joined in with us this morning for the first time since he has been injured. He has been working hard with the physio and the fitness coach, as has Ivar and he will join in with us tomorrow. If they come through the training OK then they will be considered.
“Since Ivar has been here, it has been stop-start so from his point of view he is raring to get going.”
You may also want to watch:
Jewell, who will also be hoping his seven players away on international duty return unscathed, added: “We wouldn’t rule anyone in or rule anyone out at this stage.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week