Bowyer in talks with Town
Lee Bowyer is at an advanced stage of contract negotiations with Ipswich Town.
The controversial 34-year-old midfielder – who has a wealth of Premier League experience – has held extremely positive talks with Blues boss Paul Jewell, the Evening Star and EADT can exclusively reveal.
A free agent, having been released by Birmingham City following their relegation from the top-flight, numerous clubs have shown interest in the ex-Leeds, West Ham and Newcastle man including Premier League new boys Queens Park Rangers as well as Championship duo Nottingham Forest and Leeds.
However, Ipswich – whose coffers have been significantly boosted by the �8.1m sale of teen star Connor Wickham – have stolen a march in negotiations.
Bowyer is said to be excited by Jewell’s plans to build a promotion-winning squad at Portman Road and, after returning from holiday today, could put pen-to-paper this week.
You may also want to watch:
– More to follow on this website.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour