Bru still available for transfer despite return to team
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Mick McCarthy has praised the professionalism of midfielder Kevin Bru following his return to the Ipswich Town side, but insisted the Mauritius international remains free to leave Portman Road.
Having been told at the start of the season he was surplus to requirements and not initially handed a squad number, Bru came off the bench at Burton last Saturday before starting at Cardiff three days later.
He could feature again when the Blues host Preston tomorrow but, despite McCarthy praising his approach to training and his attitude, Bru is still available for transfer when the window opens in January.
“It’s not changed, his availability,” McCarthy said.
“If Tom Adeyemi is fit and Emyr Huws and Bish (Teddy Bishop) are training with us then there is still room for Kevin to go. That’s not changed.
You may also want to watch:
“But I love the fact he has maintained his professionalism and his fitness, which not everybody does. He’s come in when he’s been asked to play and we can rely on him.
“I’m delighted by that.”
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 9 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site