Cardiff City well aware of old boy Michael Chopra’s threat
WITH four goals in three matches, and sitting sixth top scorer in the Championship, Michael Chopra is in red-hot form at the moment.
But the next opposition in his sights knows all about the threat of the 28-year-old marksman after he left Cardiff City for Ipswich in a cut-price deal last summer.
And the Bluebirds, eyeing the play-offs and with a Carling Cup final against Liverpool next week to look forward to, know they will have to give Chopra some special attention when the face Town at Portman Road on Saturday.
Cardiff skipper Peter Whittingham told Wales Today: “Let’s hope Chops isn’t able to hurt us too. He’s a natural goalscorer and he thrives on putting the ball into the net.
“If he scores he is high on confidence and flying. Chops scored the only goal against Portsmouth in midweek – and next he wants to put one over us on Saturday. It’s up to us to make sure he doesn’t.”
You may also want to watch:
And Ipswich will have to pull out all the stops themselves on Whittingham who was a target for Paul Jewell in the summer.
That was hardly surprising with arguably the Championship’s best player currently leading the league in assists to add to his impressive haul of nine goals.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside