Cardiff know we are ‘no mugs’ – Chris Hutchings
CARDIFF City might be pushing for promotion and have a Carling Cup final against Liverpool to look forward to.
But after winning their last three matches, Ipswich assistant manager Chris Hutchings believes the Bluebirds will be arriving in Suffolk fearful of Town’s impressive form.
Town almost came away from Wales with all three points earlier in the season, but had to settle for a 2-2 draw during their six-match unbeaten run.
But after finding their form again with consecutive wins against West Ham, Coventry and Portsmouth, Hutchings thinks league positions will count for little this afternoon at Portman Road (3pm ko).
He said: “It was difficult going to Cardiff but we gave a really good account of ourselves.
You may also want to watch:
“They know, on that game, we are no mugs and they would have scouted us over the last few games and they have been very good.”
Malky Mackay’s Cardiff face Liverpool at Wembley next Sunday and Hutchings added: “They have got a cup final in the back of their minds and I am sure Malky will be stressing to them that they have a cup final place to play for.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 8 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 9 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
- 10 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
“Malky has done a great job since he has gone there – we take our hat off to him. He is doing something right, they have got good players and they are confident.
“I don’t expect them to take it easy at all, it is up to us to impose ourselves on them. Hopefully we can create chances and take them.”