Carlos Edwards is a big doubt for Huddersfield match
Ipswich v Huddersfield: Carlos Edwards admits he won’t risk further injury as he faces a race against time to be fit for Saturday’s match at home to Huddersfield.
The Blues skipper hobbled off in the early stages of Tuesday night’s Capital One Cup defeat at Carlisle United.
With Paul Jewell desperately looking to sign new faces before the visit of the Terriers, he has been dealt a further blow with Edwards’ slow recovery from a groin strain.
The right-back said: “The injury is settling down faster that I first thought but obviously it is still early days and I don’t want to aggravate it.”
“I’m sure I will sit down with the manager and the physio over the next couple of days to make a decision on it.
You may also want to watch:
“We have the international break coming up, so obviously I don’t want to further injure myself ahead of the break but I’m hoping I can be fit. We will see what happens over the next day or so but it the end it will be up to the gaffer.”
As it stands, Jack Ainsley, who came on for Edwards in midweek, would be the likely replacement while there are also doubts about Luke Hyam and Josh Carson (both hamstring).
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay